The CTE/Combined Workgroup is comprised of representatives from all other Workgroups that come together to share needs and best practices. As a group, it has created and helped implement strategies that increase student awareness of available career training programs, enhance student learning and student success, facilitate student transitions to post-secondary education and/or gainful employment, assist in job placement, and promote career success.
Under the Workforce Development & Career Services strategy, the CTE/Combined Workgroup has been able to identify and address gaps in services that promote long-term job placement and career success by employing Career Pathways Specialists. In addition to providing one-on-one advisement to students, Career Pathways Specialists create and lead workshops on numerous topics, such as employability skills.
- CTE Outreach, Pathways, and Student Support
- Focused and Targeted Regional Outreach
- Development of Pathways to Credit and/or Gainful Employment
- Support Students by Mapping Regional CTE/Pre-apprenticeship Offerings
- Older Adults Discover the Internet Pilot Course
- Partnership with the OC WIB/Garden Grove One-Stop
- Increased Access for Older Adults
- Career Development/College Preparation (CDCP) Approved Curriculum
- Integrated Basic Education Skills and Training Program (I-BEST)
- "Higher Literacy, Stronger Skills, Greater Prosperity"
- "2 For the Price of 1!" Co-Teachers, Dual Instruction, Contextualized Learning
- Increased Basic Skills, Language Skills, and Study Skills Built Into CTE Course
- Workforce Development & Career Services
- Students are Placed in Employment in High-Demand Industries
- Help Students Explore Career and Begin Pathways
- Increase Students' Skills and Employability to be Competitive in the Workforce