NOCCCD School Of Continuing Education:
The NOCCCD's School of Continuing Education (SCE) has been the North Orange County Region's main adult education provider since 2009 offering a wide variety of courses specifically designed for the adult learner. SCE serves as the fiscal agent for the North Orange County Regional Consortium for Adult Education.
For more information about SCE, please visit their website at: www.sce.edu
The School of Continuing Education (SCE) is part of the North Orange County Community College District, which includes credit schools Cypress College and Fullerton College. What was to become SCE was established as Adult Education in 1930 as part of the Fullerton High School District.
SCE is the fourth largest noncredit program in California and is accredited by the Schools Commission of the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC).
SCE offers four terms per year:
- Winter Trimester (12 weeks): January ‐ March
- Spring Trimester (12 weeks): March ‐ June
- Summer Term (6 weeks): June – August
- Fall Trimester (12 weeks): September ‐ December
- SCE has three continuing education centers in Anaheim, Cypress, and Wilshire (Fullerton).
- SCE provides instruction at approximately 160 off‐campus locations at community‐based sites such as senior centers, community centers, elementary schools, etc.
- SCE served over 47,943 unduplicated students in 2009‐2010.
- SCE offered approximately 1,000 courses each trimester in 2009‐2010.
- SCE generated 6,677 Full‐Time Equivalent Student (FTES) hours in 2009‐2010.
- SCE's Older Adults Program served 14,301 students in 2009‐2010.
- SCE's ESL Program served 12,820 students in 2009‐2010.
- SCE has three English‐as‐a‐Second Language (ESL) computer learning labs, one at each campus location.
- SCE has three High School Diploma Program labs, one at each campus location.
- SCE has three Learning Centers (tutoring/basic skills labs), one at each campus location.
- SCE has a Business/Computer Skills lab at the Anaheim Campus.
- SCE has a 66‐seat assessment center at the Anaheim Campus.
- SCE has a high‐tech adaptive computer lab for disabled students located at the SCE Cypress Center.
- SCE Kids' College and Teen Program classes are designed to provide children with specialized academic and/or positive enrichment activities outside of the regular classroom experience. SCE offers over 200 courses each term.
- SCE hosts the Training, Development, Innovation (TDI) business resource center with four economic development grants to provide training and contracted services programs in the community college system in the areas of digital media, medical devices, and environmental compliance/health/safety/homeland security. 500 online classes (fee‐based) are offered through TDI each term.
- SCE's Pharmacy Technician Certificate Program is accredited by the American Society of Health‐System Pharmacists.
- In 2009‐2010, SCE awarded 435 students with their high school diplomas.
- In 2009‐2010, SCE awarded 272 Career Technical Education certificates in the areas of Administrative Assistant, Early Childhood Education, Management, Medical Assistant: Front Office, Medical Device: Quality Assurance, Pharmacy Technician, and Project Management.