NOCCCD School Of Continuing Education:
The NOCCCD's North Orange Continuing Education (NOCE) has been the North Orange County Region's main adult education provider since 2009 offering a wide variety of courses specifically designed for the adult learner. NOCE serves as the fiscal agent for the North Orange County Regional Consortium for Adult Education.
For more information about NOCE, please visit their website at: www.noce.edu
North Orange Continuing Education (NOCE) is part of the North Orange County Community College District, which includes credit schools Cypress College and Fullerton College. What was to become NOCE was established as Adult Education in 1930 as part of the Fullerton High School District.
NOCE (formerly the School of Continuing Education) is the fourth largest noncredit program in California and is accredited by the Schools Commission of the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC).
NOCE offers four terms per year:
- Winter Trimester (12 weeks): January ‐ March
- Spring Trimester (12 weeks): March ‐ June
- Summer Term (6 weeks): June – August
- Fall Trimester (12 weeks): September ‐ December
- NOCE has three continuing education centers in Anaheim, Cypress, and Wilshire (Fullerton).
- NOCE provides instruction at approximately 160 off‐campus locations at community‐based sites such as senior centers, community centers, elementary schools, etc.
- NOCE served over 47,943 unduplicated students in 2009‐2010.
- NOCE offered approximately 1,000 courses each trimester in 2009‐2010.
- NOCE generated 6,677 Full‐Time Equivalent Student (FTES) hours in 2009‐2010.
- NOCE's Older Adults Program served 14,301 students in 2009‐2010.
- NOCE's ESL Program served 12,820 students in 2009‐2010.
- NOCE has three English‐as‐a‐Second Language (ESL) computer learning labs, one at each campus location.
- NOCE has three High School Diploma Program labs, one at each campus location.
- NOCE has three Learning Centers (tutoring/basic skills labs), one at each campus location.
- NOCE has a Business/Computer Skills lab at the Anaheim Campus.
- NOCE has a 66‐seat assessment center at the Anaheim Campus.
- NOCE has a high‐tech adaptive computer lab for disabled students located at the NOCE Cypress Center.
- NOCE Kids' College and Teen Program classes are designed to provide children with specialized academic and/or positive enrichment activities outside of the regular classroom experience. NOCE offers over 200 courses each term.
- NOCE hosts the Training, Development, Innovation (TDI) business resource center with four economic development grants to provide training and contracted services programs in the community college system in the areas of digital media, medical devices, and environmental compliance/health/safety/homeland security. 500 online classes (fee‐based) are offered through TDI each term.
- NOCE's Pharmacy Technician Certificate Program is accredited by the American Society of Health‐System Pharmacists.
- In 2009‐2010, NOCE awarded 435 students with their high school diplomas.
- In 2009‐2010, NOCE awarded 272 Career Technical Education certificates in the areas of Administrative Assistant, Early Childhood Education, Management, Medical Assistant: Front Office, Medical Device: Quality Assurance, Pharmacy Technician, and Project Management.